It is with every last bit of energy that I type this entry! :) The good news is that the house is still on schedule! There's really no bad news except that there's no cold beer here yet - but a few went off to get it! We had a busy day. I was on the Styrofoam detail. You put cement on one side, then applied it to the outside of the house and then nailed it to the OSB. It was a lot of walking, carrying, applying, etc. I have attached a picture of the back of the house in progress. There is a lot of measuring and cutting that must be done. We will do the stucco on the outside tomorrow. I have also attached a picture of today's progress.
I was interviewed this morning for "Transylvania TV". It was pretty interesting. The lady asked "Isn't this hard work for a woman?" "Why did you choose to come to Romania" and a few other questions. I was going to answer the last question with "To find a husband" but wasn't sure my humor would translate, ha ha. It is very unusual for women to be involved in the building here. When the locals and the Habitat families are involved in the build, it is only the men. The women stay at home with the kids. They may come over to visit, but never expected to build. The guys we work with are just great and funny. I love making them laugh or blush - which turns out is quite easy!!! ... at least the blushing....some of my humor still gets lost in transation :) We have learned to communicate even without the language. It is really amazing how easily everyone works together.
We certainly have not gone hungry this trip. We have been taken to local restaurants every night and had the local food which is terrific, but probably not the healthiest :) Lard is very popular here, ha ha. The lunch that has been brought out to the site is also quite good.
Well, I am off to clean up. More to follow....
Cid, this blog is great. So good to know what you are doing and what to pray for. It's also good to hear/read your voice from the other side of the world. We are really proud of you and excited for you. What a great opportunity. These kind of trips are ALWAYS a blessing - both ways. Anxious to keep checking in on you. Thanks for involving us. Love, Steve and Sarah Tasker Phillipians 4:13
ReplyDeleteReally glad Lois sent ne your Blog address. I pray you return to the USA and Ridgeview safely. God bless you! Beth Jones
ReplyDelete